Active Performance Chiropractic can serve the needs of the general practitioner, orthopedist, podiatrist, dentist, and physical therapist when patients do not respond to normal management strategies, conventional tests are negative (MRI, CT, EMG, NCV, blood work), and yet symptoms still remain.
Active Performance Chiropractic specializes in the diagnosis and conservative treatment of non-traumatic, repetitive, overuse conditions. Our treatment is a unique blend of Active Release Techniques®, traditional chiropractic therapy, and physical rehabilitation. Our goal is not only pain relief, but the correction of the underlying biomechanical dysfunction resulting from chronic, repetitive overuse.
When referring a patient you can expect:
- Initial examination, report of findings, and proposed treatment plan.
- Outline of re-examination findings.
- Release from care when maximum medical improvement has been met.
When to refer a patient:
- When the patient presents with a repetitive-strain athletic or work related overuse injury and no trauma is reported.
- When rest, ice, NSAIDs, and decreased physical activity has not resolved the problem.
- When a routine course of physical therapy (supervised or self-directed) has not produced the desired results.
- When a peripheral nerve entrapment is suspected presenting as burning, aching, numbness, tingling, or weakness in specific distributions, while diagnostic MRI, EMG, or NCV are inconclusive.
- As a trial of conservative treatment prior to surgery.
- To enhance post-surgical results and reduce complications due to scar tissue accumulation.
Conditions commonly treated:
- Mechanical low back and neck pain
- Peripheral nerve entrapments
- Lateral/medial epicondylitis
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Patellar tendonitis
- Shin Splints
- Achilles tendonitis
- TMJ pain/dysfunction
We look forward to serving you and your patients.